|Dr. PANATULA MURALI KRISHNA|
Professor, Head & Chairman BoS in Management
Sri Krishnadevaraya University, ANANTAPUR (AP)
A. Qualifications : M.Com, M.B.A., Ph.D., FDPM (IIM – A)
Subject & Specialisation : Human Resource Management & Marketing
Subjects of Interest : TQM, Supply Chain, Knowledge Management, Strategic Management
Present Position : Professor of Management
Languages Known : English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil& Telugu
Computer Proficiency : Windows, MS Office
B. MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS IN CAREER:
- Head, SKIM, SK University, Anantapur from 19th July 2018 to till date.
- Chairman, Board of Studies in Management, SKIM, SK University, Anantapur from 3rd September 2019 to till date.
- Dean, Industry Interface & International Collaboration(IIIC), SK University, Anantapur from 1st March 2016 to 28th February 2018.
- Designed and prepared syllabi for more than 100 subjects in the faculty of commerce & management at Dravidian University, Kuppam for courses such as BBM, M.Com, MBA, and Ph.D in Commerce & Management in the capacity of Chairman, BoS.
- Editor of study material prepared for MBA programme under distance mode by the Dravidian University, Kuppam2009-10.
- Editor of textbooks for MBA programme for Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad, Telangana, 2019-20.
- Establishment of department and school of Commerce & Management at Dravidian University, Kuppam during October 2007 to September 2010.
- Delivered on-line lectures on Report Writing in Research Methodology module to the professional students of Executive Management Programme of the Millennium University, Malawi, Africa on 28th October 2018.
- Delivered special invited lecture on Research Report Process and funding sources for social science research in a Two-day International Workshop on Research Methodology in Social Sciences by the Department of Business Management, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh during 13th – 14th August 2019.
- Expert Lecture on “Expectations of the Industries from Management Graduates” under Extension Lecture Programme on October 24, 2018 at Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa organised by the department of Business Management.
- Faculty Resource person for an Faculty Development Programme on “Emerging Trends in Management Education”, organized by the Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering & Technology (Autonomous), Chittoor (AP) during 16th – 17th November 2013.
- Faculty Resource person for Indian Council of Social Science Research – SRC Hyderabad in the programme on Research Methodology Course in Social Sciences for SC &ST Scholars held in Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, 3rd& 4th December 2013.
- Introduced 2-year (4 semesters) full-time residential programme in Management leading to MBA in Dravidian University, Kuppam.
- Introduced 5-year integrated course in Commerce (M.Com) in the year 2007-2008 leading to B.Com (after three years) and M.Com (after 5 years) degrees.
- Introduced new subjects such as Total Quality in Managing Human Resources, Knowledge Management, and Employee Empowerment in both MBA regular and distance modes under HR stream at SK University, Anantapur in the academic year 2004-05.
- Invited by the Sardar Patel University, Anand, Gujarat, on the UGC extension lecture scheme for the year 2000-2001.
- Keynote speaker and resource person in a national 2-day workshop on “Capacity building in Research Methodology”, organised by the JNTUK University College of Engineering, Vijayanagaram, Andhra Pradesh, during 18th – 19th April 2016.
- Keynote speaker in the UGC National Seminar on “Impact of Micro Finance on Self Help Groups and Bank Linkage Programmes for Rural Women” organised by the Department of Commerce, PVKN Government Degree College, Chittoor, AP during 28th and 29th December 2013.
- Member, BoS in Management at JNTU Anantapur (2010), Sri PadmavathiMahilaViswavidyalayam, Tirupati, (2011), Davangere University, Davangere, Karnataka (2013), Vardhaman College of Engineering (Autonomous), Shamshabad, Hyderabad, (2014), MANUU, Hyderabad (2019, 2020).
- Member on the Advisory Board of ICBM – School of Business Excellence, Hyderabad since 2010.
- Member, Academic Senate, Dravidian University from 2007 to 2010.
- Member, Central Committee AP I-CET – 2010, 2018, 2019, 2020, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, ‘SANKALP’, Journal of Management, C.K. Shah Vijapurwala Institute of Management, Vadodara,Gujarat Technological University.
- Member, UGC XI Plan evaluation Team that visited Guru Jambeshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar, Haryana during 26 – 28th July 2008.
- Nominated in 1997 as a Member on the Expert Academic Panel for Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society, Dept. of Social Welfare, Govt. of AP.
- Organized special interaction programs with BHEL-Hyderabad and SHAR Centre-Sriharikota in 1994 and 1995.
- Panel speaker in a Two-day national seminar on ‘Changing Scenario of Human Resources in India’ organised by Bommidala Department of Human Resource Management Acharya Nagarjuna University Nagarjuna Nagar Guntur and sponsored by UGC and APSCHE during 18th – 19th October 2012.
- Prepared study material on Management Concepts for PGBDM & MBA courses offered by the Distance Education Centre, S K University, Anantapur.
- Provided about 250 job placements for Under-graduate and Post-graduate students of Dravidian University, Kuppam through organising campus placement programmes by inviting diverse companies in India.
- Received UGC Research Award in 1998 for conducting research in the area of Quality of Work Life in Indian Organisations.
- Resource person in training programme for Mandal Revenue Officers of Anantapur district sponsored by the Government of Andhra Pradesh under public systems group.
- Responsible in getting I-CET 2010 centre for Dravidian University, Kuppam for the academic year 2010-2011 to conduct entrance test for admission into MBA and MCA courses across the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Training consultant for HINDALCO in 2009-2010.
- University Placement Officer from 2018 to 2019.
- University PRO at SK University, Anantapur, 2005-06.
- Won BoLT Award in 2004 instituted jointly by the Deccan Chronicle group, Air-India, and Singapore Tourism Board for excellence in student out-reach activities.
C. ACADEMIC PARTICULARS:
Awarded Ph.D. in Management by Sri Krishnadevaraya University in 1994 for the research study conducted on “Human Resource Management in Bharath Heavy Electricals Ltd., Hyderabad” (A study with special reference to Human Resource Development)under the guidance of Prof.Subba Rao Pulapa.
M.Phils Guided: (as on 30-06-2020): (1)
Ph.Ds Guided: (as on 30-06-2020) (Awarded: 22; In Progress: 10)
UGC Funded Research Projects Coordinated: (Completed: 5)
D. WORK EXPERIENCE: 32 years
Teaching: (30 years) (1989 – till date)
Administrative: (2 years) (1984-1985) and (1987-1988)
E. TRAINING RECEIVED : 9
F. WORKSHOPS/CONFERENCES/SEMINARS ATTENDED: (Papers Presented: 44)
I. National: (33); II. INTERNATIONAL: (11)
G. PROGRAMMES ORGANISED: (9)
H. MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS:
- Life Member of Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi since 1997 (L-8534)
- Life member of The Indian Society for Training & Development, New Delhi since April 1999.
- Life member of The National HRD Network, Hyderabad. (M C No/HYD/L-0230/2000).
- Member and Joint Secretary, S.K. University Teachers Association (SKUTA) – 1998-99.
- Member and Elected Treasurer, S.K. University Teachers Association (SKUTA) – 2004-05.
- Member and Elected Secretary, S.K. University Teachers Association (SKUTA) – 2012-13.
I. PAPERS AND BOOKS PUBLISHED:
A) BOOKS: (9)
B) PAPERS: (64)
(i) National Publication:(A) Book Chapters (20); (B) Journal Articles (24):
(ii) International Publications (20):
Also written a number of book reviews for journal Vikalpa by IIM Ahmadabadon Human Resources related books.
C) STUDY MATERIAL: (4)
J. ABROAD VISITS:
- Underwent language-training course in Portuguese at BERLITZ Center, Frankfurt, Germany from 9th to 14th April 1995 sponsored by The Rotary Foundation, Ivanston, USA.
- Visited the states of ALAGOAS, BAHIA and SERGIEPE in The Federative Republic of Brazil between 15-04-1995 and 15-05-1995 under the Group Study Exchange Programme organised by The Rotary Foundation, Ivanston, USA.
- Visited Muscat, Oman during 24-25 April 2019 to attend International Conference of Banking, Finance and Business.
K. AWARDS RECEIVED:
- AP State University Best Teacher Award, 2019, Government of Andhra Pradesh at Vijayawada on 5th September 2019.
- Research Award, University Grants Commission, New Delhi, 1999.
- BOLT Award (Broader Outlook Learner – Teacher) district award sponsored by The Air India, Singapore Tourism Board and Deccan Chronicle group for excellence in outreach activities, 2004.
L. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Senior cadet in National Cadet Corpse (NCC) for 3 years at graduation level. Attended both State and National level camps and held the rank of Company Under Officer. Passed both “B”&”C” Grade examinations in NCC.
- Served as volunteer in National Social Service (NSS) at graduation level.
- Led a 30-student team to South Zone Interuniversity Youth Festival organised by The Association of Indian Universities and The Department of Cultural Affairs, Ministry of Human Resources Development, New Delhi from 11-2-1995 to 5-12-1995 at The University of Madras.
- Led a 20-student contingent to participate in the all India Inter-University Youth Festival organised by Benaras Hindu University, Varanasi during 27th – 30th January 2002. The contingent won All India 2nd place in Tribal Dance event. University begged the national prize for the first time at All India level.
- Prof.P. Subba Rao
Vice-Chancellor, Millennium University
P.O Box 2797, Blantyre, Malawi, Africa
- Prof. N. Jayasankaran
(Former Vice Chancellor, SCSVMV Kanchi University/ Director General, BIM)
Advisor, NMiMS University, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad.
469, First Main Road, B block, AECS Layout, KUNDANAHALLI, Bangalore-560037.